White Snake Projects is seeking a Communications & Administrative Coordinator to assist in the management of a rapidly growing new opera development and production company whose mission combines the presentation of original opera of the highest production values with social activism.This is an entry-level position who will be an essential part of our team. We value skills, creativity, and versatility more than specific experience.
- Researching, managing, and interfacing with community partners
- Supporting our Ticket Access Program (TAP) through which we give away one-third of the house to under served communities
- Liaising with the box office at ArtsEmerson and third-party ticket consignment outlets (if applicable)
- Planning community and donor events
- Supporting grant writing
- Maintaining Dropbox file structure and access
- Managing staff and talent contact lists
- Writing and editing marketing copy
- Updating website and developing new content
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to initiate and work unsupervised
- Ability to approach and initiate conversations without introductions
- Strong communication, hospitality, and personal relationship skills
- Interest in social activism
- Proficiency with Google Docs & Sheets, Dropbox, Microsoft Office, and WordPress
- Experience in the performing arts, especially opera, a PLUS
Part Time Position beginning in June with heavier hours through August and September 2018. The Communications & Administrative Coordinator will work closely with consultants who will provide additional training and guidance for the position.
How to Apply:
Please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter, no later than May 11. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with an intent to hire as soon as we find the right candidate.
About White Snake Projects
White Snake Projects, (formerly the Friends of Madame White Snake) brings diverse, timely and relevant opera, based on original stories by Cerise Jacobs, to Boston’s mainstage over the next five years. Like the legendary White Snake demon who becomes human to live intensely, White Snake Projects transforms our present-day experiences into passionate new opera made in America. We believe there is no better way to bridge the chasms of race, national origin and gender then through a reimagined art form combining cutting edge technology, music, theater, and dance. We kicked off our ambitious strategy with Ouroboros Trilogy, a trio of grand operas, including the Pulitzer Prize-winning Madame White Snake, in September 2016 and continued with REV. 23 (2017). Upcoming projects include: PermaDeath (2018) and I Am A Dreamer Who No Longer Dreams (2019).
Image Credit: Kathy Wittman/Ball Square Films