Celebrity Series of Boston seeks a full time Office Coordinator who will coordinates all front-of-office activities: greet customers and visitors, answer telephones, and respond to inquiries for concert information. The office coordinator oversees smooth functioning of the office, including coordination of vendors who provide office supplies and computer and phone services. They assist the box office and Assist the Executive Director and other departments as available.
- Acts as receptionist: answers multi-line phones, and forwards/filters calls as necessary. Is first contact for visitors and patrons in the office. Assures that staff members receive mail and deliveries in a timely manner.
- Assists with ticket sales and marketing efforts. Assists box office by selling tickets and subscriptions, processing ticket orders (phone, mail, email and walk-up), answering customer inquiries and researching and responding to inquiries.
- Represents the Celebrity Series box office at events at multiple venues, assisting customers to ensure a positive experience for Celebrity Series patrons. Appropriately resolves ticketing issues and responds to customer inquiries (some evening and weekend hours will be required during the season).
- Orients and trains staff on office procedures: telephones, postage meter, computer network, copier, fax and printers, supplies etc. Updates staff directory and holiday schedule. Communicates with staff as necessary with various updates and office procedures.
- Is liaison with building management for office maintenance, security, and building policies.
- Monitors and maintains office supply inventories. Keeps supply closet and other supply and storage areas organized. Processes related invoices for payment.
- Maintains telephone/voicemail systems. Keeps list of employee extensions and confidential list of security codes. Sends messages to employees when office is closed due to weather etc. Coordinates technical assistance with vendors and is primary contact for phone and network vendors.
- Assists with computer network: Acts as in house help desk for staff, works with offsite network consultant, coordinate consultants’ monthly onsite visits, and notifies staff of computer-related issues.
- Coordinates postage, mailing and delivery services: Maintains and operates postage machine, orders meter supplies, and tracks and purchases postage. Is liaison to service representatives and updates hardware/software in consultation with representative. Assists with sending/mailing packages and courier service, sorts and distributes staff mail.
- Serves as in-office event coordinator (birthdays, office parties, etc.).
- Provide general support to various departments. Assists Executive Director upon request.
- Performs other duties as required by supervisor.
- 2-3 years experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in an arts or non-profit organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other Windows-based computer technology:Word, Excel, Outlook
- Pleasant, welcoming demeanor and customer service orientation
- Promptness and responsiveness
- Familiarity with classical music, dance and performing arts
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with an appropriate sense of urgency and a positive attitude
- Ability to excel in a creative, positive, and demanding professional environment
- Ability to learn Tessitura ticketing system. Knowledge of any ticketing system preferred.
Dependent upon experience
The Celebrity Series offices are located in the Park Plaza Office Building at 20 Park Plaza in Boston’s Back Bay. The building is fully accessible and convenient to public transportation. Office hours are Monday- Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Some evening and weekend hours are required at various venues around Boston and Cambridge during the season (mid-October through mid-May). Complimentary tickets to many Celebrity Series events are available to employees; ticket offers for other venues occasionally become available.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter and resume via email to:
Office Coordinator Search
Celebrity Series of Boston, Inc.,
20 Park Plazas, Suite 1032,
Boston, MA 02116
email@example.com – enter in Subject line: Office Coordinator
No phone calls, please
About Celebrity Series of Boston:
Celebrity Series of Boston, Inc. is New England’s leading presenter of music, dance, and the performing arts from around the world. Founded in 1938, Celebrity Series is presenting its 80th performance season this year. Celebrity Series brings to Boston’s major concert halls performances by instrumental and vocal soloists, symphony orchestras, chamber ensembles, dance companies, jazz and popular music performers, folk and ethnic performance groups, and other performing artists. Celebrity Series is also deeply engaged in community programs and partners with other non-profit groups to produce programming in various Boston communities. Each year Celebrity Series presents a public art project that is free to the public; last season we produced “Let’s Dance Boston” and this year we will be producing “Jazz along the Charles.” For more information on Celebrity Series of Boston, visit us online at www.celebrityseries.org.
The Celebrity Series of Boston, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Image Credit: Boston Celebrity Series logo